What makes a ski boot the perfect ski boot? Quick answer: It should fit well, be comfortable and provide the basis for stability, manoeuvrability and control on the piste. If this is not the case, problems are inevitable. There are numerous reasons why compromises in ski boots never, ever pay off. An optimised fit not only provides more comfort, but also has a direct impact on performance, safety and skiing enjoyment.
The ski can only be steered in a controlled manner if it is well fixed
If the ski boot pinches or the foot floats a little, ski performance decreases. Conversely, a fixed foot can control movements efficiently and precisely. Correctly fitting ski boots improve balance, falls are less frequent and the risk of injury is reduced. These are all prerequisites that must be met in order to turn a descent into a pleasurable run. The logical conclusion: a precise ski boot fit brings more moments of happiness on the piste.
Adjust your ski boot precisely with the BOA® Fit System
Whether a day's skiing is an unadulterated skiing experience depends largely on whether the ski boot fits. And not just somehow, but precisely. A technology that has long been tried and tested in running, cycling or touring ski boots is now conquering the world of skiing: the BOA® Fit System. This is a finely adjustable fit system that works as follows: By turning the twist lock, a stainless steel cable inside the product or visible on the outside tightens evenly until it is completely adjusted to the foot. The results are a significant improvement in fit, performance and comfort in the ski boot.
Developed in 2001 as a quick lacing system for snowboard boots in the Rocky Mountains, BOA Technology Inc. now works with many market-leading manufacturers and supplies optimally customised fit solutions for a wide range of applications. Renowned brands rely on the BOA® Fit System to offer customers in the ski boot sector simple and intuitive operation and a precise fit.
Perfect Fit: ski boot brands with BOA® Fit System
In the 2023/2024 season, the BOA Fit System from Atomic, Fischer, K2 and Salomon will be used in a total of 17 ski boot models. The system, which was specially developed for alpine ski boots, consists of the H+i1 twist lock, a robust stainless steel cable and external cable guides. The system has been designed to withstand the strong forces exerted by ski boots. Thanks to a bayonet and cartridge system, the ski boot offers maximum impact protection and can be adjusted in both directions - for tightening and opening.
- The midfoot is evenly enclosed.
- The pressure from above that buckle shoes generate is reduced.
- Pressure points are reduced thanks to optimum pressure distribution.
- The fit can be loosened and tightened in the blink of an eye.
- The system offers a millimetre-accurate, precise fit for excellent heel hold and more edge grip.
- numerous adjustment options thanks to Mimic liner technology, Memory Fit and customisable geometry
- optimised freedom of movement on the ascent
- outstanding downhill performance thanks to Prolite, True-Flex PU plastic and revised free/lock mechanism
- Efficient 54° cuff mobility (ROM)
- Vacu-Plast material that can be customised with the well-known Vacuum technology
- easy entry paired with high-performance skiing
- harmonious closing of the shell thanks to the BOA® Fit System
- warming and breathable inner boot with PrimaLoft®
- Completely new shell with BOA® Fit System for improved customisation and better fit
- precise customisation of the toe area thanks to "Toe-Shim"
- seamless, heat-mouldable inner boot with Intuition foam layers of different densities for perfect comfort and improved performance
- SensiFit™ fabric: honeycomb PU insert on the inside of the shell for easy entry
- SHAFT: Power Spine - the metal plate connects the shaft and shell for strong rear support